I take the issue of privacy very seriously, including user interactions at this web site.
Some data is collected about visitors to this site, including:
- Standard machine identity details, as is normal and necessary when a user interacts with a website and server; and
- Clickstream data on the nature of a user’s visit to the site, including server address, user’s top-level domain category (eg: .au, .com, .org, etc), date and time of the visit, the path taken to the site (eg: through a search engine or link at another site), and pages accessed, route taken through the site, searches performed, and documents downloaded.
When a user provides information, such as by making an enquiry, I:
- Do not collect any unnecessary information, nor distribute the information externally without the user’s knowledge or consent, nor collect any personal information without the user’s knowledge and consent; and
- Attempt to store information as securely as possible, and do not allow access to this information by external parties unless required by law (for example, if the information is subject to a warrant or subpoena).
Any information collected is used solely for the purposes of:
- Analysing the effectiveness of the web site to improve its usefulness and service.
- Third parties, such as Google AdSense, might place and read cookies on your browser, or use web beacons to collect information, while serving ads on this site. Google explains cookies as follows: “A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies might store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.”
This blog is subject to the Australian Privacy Act 1988. I will protect your information consistent with the principles of the German Privacy Act, the Data Protection Act & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
You may request a copy of any information stored about your interactions with this site.