I found that Firefox 3.5.6 was not loading Google.com in spite of trying a few times. I noticed in the bottom left of the browser (the status bar) that it was stuck at loading clients1.google.com. This was a new subdomain to me, so a quick search brought up a Google web discussion.
The initial suggestion by a Google employee to check for malware was not relevant. I had just performed a full system scan with no problems.
Another suggestion was to turn off Search Settings > Query Suggestions. I didn’t try it as I had no problem with that feature so far.
The third suggestion worked for me. At the top right of the Firefox page I changed the search provider from Google to Yahoo! and the search engine loaded as before. This doesn’t solve the problem, which is probably at clients1.google.com and not on my PC, but it is a workaround that suits me as I never use that search box in Firefox.
Comments are closed